Choom is seeking an experienced and dynamic Store Manager to open and head up our Toronto Liberty Village location. The Store Manager will lead, develop and inspire a team of Educators, driving profitability and operational excellence while ensuring an elevated customer experience.
The Store Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the store in accordance with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), Employment Standards, Human Rights Legislation and Standard Operating Procedures. The successful candidate will lead a store team of knowledgeable and engaging Educators while driving sales and profitability for the store.
- Drive customer service excellence that is focused on educating clients on the product and providing a comfortable shopping experience.
- Lead a team to drives sales that meet or exceed the store goals.
- Motivate and inspire Educators with strategies to grow sales and educate clients.
- Establish and determine key performance indicators for the store and for each team member, including but not limited to sales, service and store profit.
- Partner with the Regional Manager and HR to attract and retain top Educators for the store.
- Manage and direct the activities of all team members including scheduling, training, evaluating, disciplining, transitioning and developing. Partner with the Regional Manager or HR as required.
- Communicate, lead and implement the company vision and values including all operational rules, regulations, policies and procedures to advance the company’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Train staff, coordinate and facilitate all transactions and operations of Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Review employee performance regularly and maintain employee records.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of all strains and products in store inventory as well as industry-wide product and trend knowledge.
- Cultivate a culture of ongoing cannabis education. Ensure there is ongoing team education on cannabis products, strains, and consumption methods.
- Partner with the Marketing and Merchandising teams to execute on the promotion of products.
- Oversee and maintain inventory control system and performance of required product counts.
- Gather competitive intelligence as required.
- Accountable for all front- and back-of-house operating standards.
- Maintain accurate records of all store activities including daily cash reconciliations, customer records, sales, and returns in accordance with AGCO regulations.
- Proactively mitigate risks and impacts associated with regular store operations and special events. Communicate to the Regional Manager, Facilities and/or HR as required.
- Partner with the Marketing team at the Choom Support Office to develop and execute on social media strategies that engage new and existing clients, bringing them into the store.
- Ensure the store is welcoming, clean and functional for all clients and team members.
- Communicate any store improvement opportunities and partner with facilities to ensure maximum effectiveness and minimum disruption to the business.
- Exceed the standard for store maintenance.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining facility compliance, cleanliness and company etiquette.
- Set the standard to protect and prevent any possible opportunities of loss within the store and endangerment of clients and team members.
- Implement company policies and ensure staff adhere to best practices.
- Ensure the safety of all clients and team members.
- Liaise with law enforcement, AGCO Inspectors, landlords and local community as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
- The following are an absolute requirement to be considered for this job: Minimum 19 years of age, and Cannabis Retail Manager License and a CannSell (standard or expert) Certificate.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a minimum 3 to 5 years of retail management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience training others in using Point of Sale systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable time management
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to motivate others
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekends and holidays
- A passion for the legal cannabis industry and educating on the use of recreational cannabis is an asset
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for the role.