Choom is seeking an experienced and dynamic Store Manager to head up our High River retail store. The Store Manager will lead, develop and inspire a team of Educators, driving profitability and operational excellence while ensuring an elevated customer experience.
The Store Manager is responsible for all the day-to-day operations of the store in accordance with the AGLC, the Alberta Employment Standards, Human Rights Legislation and Standard Operating Procedures. The successful candidate will lead a team of knowledgeable, engaging and trustworthy Educators to Choom’s customers, resulting in a culture of learning, customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Drive customer service excellence that is focused on educating clients on the product and providing a comfortable shopping experience.
- Lead a team to drive sales that meet or exceed the store goals.
- Motivate and inspire Educators with strategies to grow sales and educate clients.
- Establish and determine key performance indicators for the store and for each team member, including but not limited to sales, service and store profit.
- Partner with the Regional Manager and HR to attract and retain top retail staff
- Manage and direct the activities of all team members including scheduling, training, evaluating, disciplining, transitioning and developing. Partner with the Regional Manager or HR as required.
- Communicate, lead and implement the company vision and values including all operational rules, regulations, policies and procedures to advance the company’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Train staff, coordinate and facilitate all transactions and operations of Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Review employee performance regularly and maintain employee records.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of all varieties and products in store inventory as well as industry-wide product and trend knowledge.
- Cultivate a culture of ongoing product education. Ensure there is ongoing team education on the products, varieties, and consumption methods.
- Partner with the Marketing and Merchandising teams to execute on the promotion of products.
- Oversee and maintain inventory control system and performance of required product counts.
- Gather competitive intelligence as required.
- Accountable for all front- and back-of-house operating standards.
- Maintain accurate records of all store activities including daily cash reconciliations, customer records, sales, and returns in accordance with AGLC regulations.
- Proactively mitigate risks and impacts associated with regular store operations and special events. Communicate to the Regional Manager, Facilities and/or HR as required.
- Partner with the Marketing team at the Choom Support Office to develop and execute on social media strategies that engage new and existing clients, bringing them into the store.
- Ensure the store is welcoming, clean and functional for all clients and team members.
- Communicate any store improvement opportunities and partner with facilities to ensure maximum effectiveness and minimum disruption to the business.
- Exceed the standard for store maintenance.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining facility compliance, cleanliness and company etiquette.
- Set the standard to protect and prevent any possible opportunities of loss within the store and endangerment of clients and team members.
- Implement company policies and ensure staff adhere to best practices.
- Ensure the safety of all clients and team members.
- Liaise with law enforcement, AGLC Inspectors, landlords and local community as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
- The following are an absolute requirement to be considered for this job: Sell Safe Certificate, Criminal Record Check and QCW Certificate from the AGLC.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a minimum 3 – 5 years retail management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience training others in using Point of Sale systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable time management
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to motivate others
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekends and holidays
- Minimum 18 years of age