Choom is looking to welcome a part-time Team Lead, Cannabis Educator to our retail team at our Lloydminster store.
If you believe the customer experience should be the #1 priority when it comes to cannabis education, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for enthusiastic team members with retail experience.
- Drive service excellence that is focused on educating clients on cannabis products which translates into sales.
- Provide a comfortable shopping experience for all clients.
- Participate in setting store goals with the Store Manager.
- Support team members with escalated client situations, as required.
- Lead by example on selling and servicing to clients.
- Motivate and provide feedback to Educators on selling and servicing on the sales floor and any other store processes and procedures, including but not limited to industry and provincial legislation.
- Adjust and communicate the sales goal for the team on a daily and/or weekly basis.
- Re-direct and assign store duties as required based on volume (e.g. busy period or downtime).
- Support with the onboarding and integration of new employees to the team. This includes policies, procedures and product knowledge.
- Support and cultivate an environment of respect, empowerment, integrity and fun.
- Demonstrate knowledge of each product within the complete range of new and current products available for purchase.
- Stay up-to-date on all store and company-wide promotions and other product features.
- Adhere to the merchandising guidelines for the store.
- Receive product and create POs.
- Complete and follow up on daily checklists.
- Support and lead the team in month-end inventory.
- Conduct additional spot and adjustment counts, as required.
- Support with any store and/or provincial inventory reporting and logs.
- Ensure the proper execution of standard store operating procedures.
- Use of the point of sale (POS) system for transactions.
- Ensure the store is clean and organized to welcome clients in a comfortable and inviting environment.
- Comply with all industry and provincial regulations.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure the safety of self, team members and clients.
- Adhere to all store cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Stay up-to-date on all company, provincial and legislative policies and procedures. Support the Store Manager in cascading the information to the team.
- Support the Store Manager with additional administrative and operational duties in the store, including but limited to: spot inventory checks, completion of daily checklists, completion of store logs, bank deposits, submitting tickets to maintenance or the IT helpdesk, balance the daily batch slips, reporting, etc.
- Support in other stores, if required and geographically feasible, including new store openings.
- Act as the point-of-contact to resolve any store issues in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Support the Store Manager and other head office contacts in programs and policies to prevent risk and loss prevention at the store.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of a POS system
- Strong communication, time management and problem solving skills
- Works well in a dynamic retail environment
- Team player
- Knowledge and a passion for cannabis is an asset
Terms of Employment
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Position can be Full-Time or Part-Time, based on operational requirements of the store
- You must sign an Employment Agreement.
- The following are an absolute requirement to be considered for this job: Sell Safe Certificate, Criminal Record Check and passed the Qualified Cannabis Worker (QCW) with the AGLC.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekend shifts as required.
If you have a passion for helping people in a retail setting, we would love to hear from you!