The IT Manager will be accountable for all the technology operations for Choom’s retail stores across Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario. The IT Manager will the first point of contact for all technology-related requests, at the store-level and work with Store Managers and external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner related to the stores IT needs. This includes but is not limited to the POS system, menu boards, tablets and new store openings. The ideal candidate has experience managing multi-location networks, equipment, and devices remotely and is excited to dive into additional projects and initiatives that impact and shape the company’s technology operations and practices.
We are considering candidates located in either Vancouver, BC or anywhere in Alberta (remote). Travel will be required to stores across Alberta, BC and Ontario, as needed, and for new store openings.
- Monitor and resolve all Help Desk inquiries.
- Ensure Help Desk tickets are resolved from start to finish in a timely manner, and escalated if required.
- Identify reoccurring inquiries, uncover underlying issues and work towards solutions.
- Support and liaise with the external technology partners and vendors on higher level issues.
- Upgrade systems and processes required for increased functionality and security.
New Store Set-Up
- Setup and deploy technology hardware to stores.
- Install, configure and maintain hardware and software in opening stores.
- Install and update the Digital Menu Boards.
- Install and update the Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Program and update in-store video screens .
- Work with vendors to set up security measures and other technology requirements for stores.
- Post-secondary degree in Information Technology or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in IT as part of in a growing company, ideally in a retail or hospitality environment.
- Extensive experience in monitoring and responding to Help Desk issues
- Experience with managing multi-location networks, equipment, and devices remotely.
- Highly organized with strong attention to the details.
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A problem solver that is ready to tackle any situation with an open mind.
- A motivated self-starter that can work independently.
Choom™ is a fast-expanding retail cannabis Company that has established one of the largest store networks in Canada. The Choom brand is inspired by Hawaii’s “Choom Gang”—a group of buddies in Honolulu during the 1970’s who loved to smoke weed—or as the locals called it, “Choom”. Evoking the spirit of the original Choom Gang, our brand caters to the Canadian market with the ethos of ‘cultivating good times’. Choom™ is focused on delivering an elevated customer experience through our curated retail environments, offering a diversity of brands for Canadians across a national retail network
Choom is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applicants of all abilities, backgrounds and identities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of the selection process.