The Inventory Manager will be responsible for maximizing sales and profit margins through the right product assortment across all of Choom’s retail stores. Reporting to the Director of Central Operations, the Inventory Manager will partner with key internal and external stakeholders to develop reports, processes and tools to optimize inventory while ensuring compliance with all federal and provincial requirements.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual that loves all things related to product and inventory. As part of a growing company, the Inventory Manager will have the opportunity to dive into additional projects and initiatives in this exciting and dynamic industry!
The role will be based out of Choom’s Store Support Centre in Vancouver.
- Gather internal and industry facts to make informed decisions to plan and buy product for stores across Alberta, BC and Ontario.
- Develop projections and communicate insights by stores, category, and/or item.
- Review and report on gross margin and inventory flow.
- Monitor and gather competitive knowledge on product, including pricing, category, items and by geography.
- Partner with Licenced Producers and internal stakeholders (e.g., Store Managers, Marketing team) to feature products.
- Continuously manage and build vendor relationships to drive exclusive products and/or opportunities.
- Identify trends and deliver the right product assortment to each store.
- Manage inventory levels across all store locations to meet days-on-hand targets.
- Continuously analyze pricing across key items by stores, discounts and competitors.
- Plan and execute on promotions to drive sales in stores and to the Choom website.
- Execute on order submissions to ensure inventory is received in stores.
- Liaise with provincial cannabis regulators on inventory purchases.
- Monitor product availability by province.
- Develop, manage and execute buying for all stores on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with Store Managers on buys and shipment details.
- Upload and maintain all items in the POS system to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Act as the point of contact to stores on data integrity.
MONTH END REPORTING
- Accurately manage and completed federal and provincial reporting on a monthly basis.
- Degree in business or a related field.
- Knowledge of cannabis and inventory management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a POS system.
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.